Globalization has become a major factor in the electronics manufacturing industry. Many products are being designed in one country, manufactured in another, and assembled in a third. The Western electronics industry tends to be focused on high-end products, such as computers and microchips. Even so, many components of final products manufactured, are produced elsewhere and shipped to Western plants for final assembly.
The rapid pace of innovation in electronics technology makes for a constant demand for newer and faster products and applications. This demand puts a greater emphasis on R&D typical in most manufacturing operations. Tight PLM and collaboration between the different nodes in the supply chain is crucial to survive in these dynamic environments.
This increasing trend in ever changing customer demand causes the propagation of the flexibility requirement through the whole supply chain. Communication between the different levels in the chain is time consuming and has a negative impact on reactivity. This is especially true for changes in requirements or failures in deliveries of sub-assemblies and/or components. As end-product delivery is virtually for 100% against direct shipment, assembly line interruptions are unacceptable.
So electronic industry has unique supply chain characteristics, which creates challenges to network planning, distribution and production planning, scheduling and execution control problems.
ICRON helps electronic industries to answer these market challenges in ways that provide long-term advantage. ICRON provides a very flexible business modeling, planning and scheduling environment, which directly addresses the unique requirements for collaboration:
- Simultaneous consideration of material and plant resources
- Ability to run ‘’what if ‘’scenario analysis
- Utilization of resources and subcontractors
- Optimization algorithm comprising constraints and business goals
- Optimize production, transportation, distribution and component supply
- Optimize the planning and management of service parts
- Real-time plan and schedule creation with net change regeneration
- Production schedules based on constraints for resources and components/materials
- Fast assembly line changeover support
- Real-time decision support for:
- Plant production sources for products
- Plant capacity levels
- Mods for transport
- Sources for purchased materials
- Inventory minimization
ICRON’s solutions have been experienced by the leading automotive companies for many years. Our solutions help these companies meet the unique challenges of the automotive industry.