Life Sciences / Pharmaceuticals
Pharmaceutical companies and medical equipment manufacturers operate in a complex business environment. Increased international competition, shorter market cycles, greater customer and patient expectations, ending patents and regulations with regard to product introductions and pricing are some factors creating unprecedented demands on the life sciences industry.
Manufacturers produce for worldwide markets that require significant brand variations. Product demand can easily range from high-value SKUs with low-volume forecasts to low-value products with high volumes. Streamlining new product introductions and quickly adapting to swings in demand is needed. Aligning product portfolios and inventory requirements can be difficult.
With production spread across global locations, production plans must reconcile global manufacturing constraints and stringent quality control. Strict lot control is essential for managing and tracking critical expiration dates. Environmental and safety agencies have regulations that vary from country to country. Accurate planning and efficient supply chain management is needed to be profitable.
Set against the complexities of fluctuating demand patterns, plant availability, plant equity, shipping constraints, tariffs, regulations and many more, the planning task is enormous.
In general the Supply Chain Planning is done by using a variant of MRP functionality in the ERP platform. The problem is that such systems are blind to rapid changes in demand, customer priorities, maintenance, breakdowns, shifts, materials supply dynamics, etc.
To be safe, planners have to compensate by holding more materials and finished products inventory than needed. What is more, to be responsive real-time planning is often done outside the ERP system. This is time consuming and may be lead to inefficient and even inaccurate plans.
ICRON Technologies provides an integrated platform consisting out of a set of intelligent tools and mathematical models that support the planning and scheduling function. The ICRON solution is fast, proven robust and compatible with any kind of ERP system. The ICRON platform has proven to be able to help companies to stay agile and adaptable to market and industry demands.
ICRON gives decision makers increased control and visibility across the entire supply chain for an overview of the entire supply network so that areas of potential improvement can be identified and realized. Next to financial benefits such as:
70-90% reduction in planning cycle time (integration and automation);
15-30% improvement in forecast accuracy (collaboration and forecasting);
10-20% reduction in excess inventory (improved forecasting);
25-30% reduction in stock-outs (high customer service),
ICRON’s platform gives companies in the Life Sciences /Pharmaceutical industry many other benefits such as:
- Patient Focus: Being able to build a patient-back supply chain strategy focused on market accessibility
- Collaboration: Being able to cooperate with trading partners into sustainable, collaborative relationships
- Network Visibility: Create bidirectional visibility to key information such as: Inventory, Demand, Compliance, Outcomes and Cost
- Dynamic Supply: Being able to create agile, value-added supply chain responses tailored to multiple customer and channel segments
These and more leading to a revenue and margin increase of in some cases > 5%.
Contact us to learn more about how we can help you.
ICRON has some characteristics that makes it a unique solution for the Life Science Industry
- 100% Fit: ICRON is an amazingly flexible solution that is modelled around current business processes. ICRON can be morphed to any company environment leaving the core process and by which the companies are able to create its competitive advantage intact.
- Unified Long term, Capacity Planning & Scheduling: ICRON provides an integrated solution that allows an intelligent interaction between Long term Planning, Mid term Capacity Planning, and Short term Scheduling and Optimization. Within one single platform the company can automatically plan on a strategic, operational and tactical level
- Distributed Planning: ICRON works with a distributed planning model that allows planners on different locations to work simultaneously in one planning environment. Planners can provide input on the planning and the plans that are made bottom up are integrated on the shared platform. If desired the new updated and integrated planning is almost instantly released to all plan locations.
- Real-time Scenario Planning: ICRON allows planners to automatically generate optimization plans and after that run ‘what-if’ scenarios. Scenarios are simply made in a user friendly interface by dragging and dropping on a plan board. In a matter of seconds new scenarios can be created and made visible on the plan board.