Selling cars now isn’t easy and circumstances are not going to make it get any easier soon. The number of franchised dealers has declined in recent years. With margins on new cars sold less than two percent and visits to showrooms on the decline many dealerships are in a difficult position. The points of sale structure changes, partially as a result of changing consumer behavior. The influence of large fleet owners (lease companies) has increased price pressure. Car supermarkets evolve and disappear, and even traditional food supermarkets have started to sell cars, scooters and motorcycles. We are seeing franchised dealers unite to form powerful sales-dealer holding companies, some of whom even belong to the European top. The traditional brand dealer has been transformed under the influence of the multi-brand strategy that different brand-groups follow.
Also the after-sales market, being always the core of dealer profitability, is heavily under pressure. This is due to increased product quality, leading to less service requirements per car and less time per service activity, and to the growing competition of independent workshops. Universal workshops are taking an increasingly prominent position in the market. They are now a valuable alternative for many consumers when it comes to maintenance and repair of their vehicle.
The declining margin on both new-sales and after-sales services has forced dealer to invest in optimizing it business processes. In order to sustain the level of revenue in after-sales, the number of cars serviced every day has to increase, leading to a higher number of supporting activities. In addition, the availability of skilled and experienced employees has increased. Some important focus points to sustain profitability are increasing customer satisfaction while at the same time cost reduction of service activities through efficiency improvements, quality improvements and employee retention are essential.
ICRON offers a set of flexible planning and scheduling tools to address these unique challenges so that the car dealer community can improve their key performance by better utilizing the flexibilities that characterizes their business environment.
By integrating with back-office, governmental and car manufacturer systems, ICRON is able to deliver automotive after-sales solutions that support many areas of the business.
- Both central and de-central appointment planning
- Integration of PDI of new and used car sales into service activities
- Optimization of the reception desk activities
- Rental car planning and maintenance
- Recall verification and integration into service activities
- Optimization of the workshop service activities
- Incorporation of ad-hoc express and small service activities
- Employee planning and scheduling including skill- and experience-based job allocation
- Central capacity planning and capacity based inter-site exchange of service activities
ICRON provides decision makers increased control and visibility across the entire supply chain for an overview of the entire supply network so that areas of potential improvement can be identified and made. Next to financial benefits such as:
70-90% reduction in planning cycle time;
15-30% improvement in forecast accuracy (collaboration and forecasting);
5 – 10% improvement of labor efficiency (cost reduction)
10-20% reduction in excess inventory (improved forecasting);
25-30% reduction in stock-outs (high customer service),
90% reduction of repair-return?
ICRON platform gives companies in the Automotive Retail industry many other benefits such as:
- Increasing customer satisfaction and subsequent customer retention
- Decreasing operational costs
- Improving employee job-satisfaction and employee retention
- Increasing RFTOT figures
TEMPLATE with symbols/pictures:
- 100% FIT: ICRON is founded to provide a Scalable Integrated Platform capable of solving any type of planning issues today and adoptive to the future! Using a graphical development environment that does not need programming but just plug & play providing 100% customer fit.
- INTEGRATED PLANNING: Seamless Integration with ERP, MES, SCADA and other execution systems. ICRON’s platform creates whole chain awareness for everyone involved in making daily and vital supply chain decisions.
- DISTRIBUTED PLANNING: ICRON’s unified planning models enables companies to fully optimize every node of your supply chain by smoothly visualizing, optimizing and preventing the inter-departmental conflicts, while serving the ultimate (common) goal: “Helping companies to become and keep the cost leadership while collaboratively executing and over achieving companies commitments to its customers”.
- ANALYTIC PLANNING/SCENARIO PLANNING: Create what-if scenarios in generating the most optimal plans, while factoring customer priorities, costs, revenue, resources, and others.
- CONTINOUS OPTIMIZATION: ICRON helps you in creating the right planning scenarios and decision making but also in managing the disruptions during the execution of the planned. such as employee illness, material shortages.
- VISIBILITY and CONTROL: Enhanced Supply Chain Visibility improves Industry wide Collaboration. This leading to cost reductions and improved customer responsiveness.