ICRON and DDC will present the latest release of the RPM Framework at IT TRANS 2012
From 15 until 17 February the IT solutions fair for public transport will be held in the Karlsruhe Trade Fair Centre. ICRON and its partner DDC will attend this fair like it
did in 2011, this year we will present our latest release of the RPM Planboard.
RPM – a beneficial 3-dimensional framework
Public transportation companies are experiencing a competitive marketplace and this can lead to a negative impact on the maintenance costs of rolling stock.
Therefore, organisations need to improve efficiency of their maintenance regimes in order to control costs and potentially reduce fleet sizes.
RPM (Repetitive Planned Maintenance) developed by DDC and ICRON Technologies is a framework on how to manage, plan and schedule information related to the
maintenance of equipment. RPM is a 3-dimensional approach (Organisation, Process and IT) and together with RET Rotterdam and GVB Amsterdam, it has been
successfully developed and implemented.
The aim of the RPM concept is 2-fold:
1. Helping to reduce maintenance costs of vehicles (on buses, coaches, trains and metros etc.) By increasing productivity and decreasing financial investments
by lowering all kinds of buffers for uncertainty. In other words; Replacing buffers (stock levels, extra mechanics capacity for malfunctions) by information.
2. One-stop principle. To reduce the lost hours of a vehicles due to maintenance/repair activities, when a vehicle is out-of-service for (un)planned
maintenance to make sure that all other activities related to that equipment are combined in to this one-stop to prevent the loss of operation hours.
RPM Planboard (powered by ICRON)
Planning and scheduling of shop floor activities have also been taken into account. RPM Planboard improves productivity, supports the one-stop principle
and reduces the indirect number of positions involved in planning and scheduling as the information is unambiguous and available where you want it! The
RPM Planboard not only provides real-time synchronisation to any back-end system, but also offers additional functionalities such as;
1. Check on provided vehicles to Exploitation compared with required vehicles according to the agreed Service Level Agreement, during the dispatching
the vehicles for maintenance
2. The physical track plan and their restrictions of depot will be shown on the graphical user interface of the RPM planboard
3. Planning the availability of resources (personnel, materials, tools)
4. Providing clear visibility on of vehicle type, maintenance job, malfunctions or any present information according to your necessities
5. Summarizing exception messages based on your business requirements
6. Having the possibility of creating a network of parallel and/or serial regular maintenance order(s) with an unplanned order(s) or even a notification(s)
RPM Toolbox (add-on to SAP ECC)
Based on many years of experience with RPM, DDC has developed RPM Toolbox, an add-on for the standard SAP ECC. DDC’s RPM Toolbox contains additional functions
to better support the RPM process and because it is user-friendly, it saves a lot of time compared with the standard SAP ECC.
A limited overview of additional functionality in the RPM Toolbox;
a) Option to reschedule all created maintenance orders per vehicle based on measurement documents (time, performance or condition based)
b) Reread task list into relevant maintenance orders after change /update in task lists
a) All relevant info only 1 click away; in other words very user friendly
b) Supports one-stop-principle
c) Maintenance order generator to create ‘en masse’ maintenance orders for modifications
d) Financial & logistical classification of parts (
e) Easy way of recording measurement values per vehicle/equipment
f) Supports condition based maintenance
The RPM Toolbox converts data into information which makes the (material) planners life easier.
This could help workplace productivity to increase by up to 25% and stock reductions of up to 35% have been realised. Ultimate leading to fewer vehicles!
All of these aspects provide a user-friendly and efficient tool to increase productivity and save costs and its easy and fast implementation guarantees a
short return on investment. DDC’s RPM planboard is powered by ICRON APS.
We are looking forward to meet you at booth E15b at the IT Trans 2012