The most significant features of the new ICRON version are:
- Re-designed Graphical User Interface (GUI): ICRON 3 features various improvements on the GUI, including the new dockable windows. These can be grouped together in various layouts, tabbed, auto-hidden and displayed as needed. The result is a GUI that provides quick access to various types of information as needed without cluttering the screen.
- Workspaces: Workspaces allow users to move quickly between various planning perspectives with the click of a button. For instance, it is possible in ICRON 3 to have a "Plan overview" workspace, which allows the planner to get a high-level view of the plan such as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), production/shipment overview, and a "Detailed information" workspace that displays information regarding individual machines and material availability etc.,
- Easier report and chart editing: Reports and charts can be defined and edited on-the-fly, making it easier for developers and end users to define the needed reports and charts.
- Improved optimization support: ICRON 3 uses the latest available versions of CPLEX, COIN-Clp and COIN-Cbc solvers. Furthermore, ICRON 3 has a new explorer called "MP Messages" that allows the user to track solution progress of the solver, and manually abort solution process.
- 64 bit compatibility: ICRON 3 will be available in both 32- and 64-bit versions. The new 64-bit build can use all available memory on the computer ICRON 3 is installed on, and therefore is especially useful for solving large-scale planning, scheduling and optimization problems.
- Memory leak detector: ICRON 3 features a leak detector that analyzes algorithms for common causes of memory leaks, thus reducing memory usage and improving stability of the system.
- Improved performance and significantly reduced memory usage.