ICRON, a leading provider of Optimized Decision Making and Supply Chain Optimization software solutions, announced the go-live of its Detailed Scheduling solution for the production of metal TV components at Vestel, one of Europe’s manufacturing giants that specializes in producing consumer electronics, mobile technologies, displays and LED lighting, and household and professional appliances.
The successful deployment of this new algorithm-based Detailed Scheduling software solution at Vestel – which has been an ICRON customer since 1999, and has been utilizing ICRON’s Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP), Order Promising, and Production Planning solutions for many years – has given the electronics manufacturer the capability to optimize the production of the nearly 300 different metal components that are used to manufacture TVs and realize substantial operational and financial benefits.
Prior to the implementation of the ICRON solution, Vestel’s planning team was using their ERP system along with Excel and other manual tools and techniques to create production plans for these metal TV components.
With the deployment of ICRON’s automated, integrated software solution, Vestel’s planners now have the ability to instantly generate plans and make strategic, tactical, and operational decisions that optimize their metal TV components’ production process and maximize efficiency, profitability, and delivery performance.
ICRON’s Detailed Scheduling solution has enabled Vestel to:
- Automatically create optimal order delivery dates and production plans for metal TV components – taking into account all relevant requirements and constraints (including individual product specifications, production orders, confirmed customer orders, customer order forecasts, scrap ratios of metal parts, and material and spare part requirements and availability).
- Attain visibility and control over its end-to-end metal TV components’ manufacturing process – monitoring and managing production orders, customer orders, stock and critical component levels, and capacity utilization in real time.
- Using ICRON’s pegging functionality, dynamically align mid-level production orders to customer orders and automatically update production order delivery dates in Vestel’s ERP system.
- Decrease metal TV components’ production planning cycle time by 85%.
- Reduce the amount of time it takes to create and update production orders in Vestel’s ERP system by 90%.
- Minimize the duration of the setup times for production machines.
- Maximize on-time, in-full (OTIF) delivery performance for customers.
Barış Selçuk, ICRON’s Operations Director for Europe, remarked: “ We are delighted to announce the go-live of our Detailed Scheduling solution at Vestel, which has been an ICRON customer for two decades and currently utilizes numerous ICRON solutions to integrate and optimize the planning, decision making, and operations across its end-to-end supply chain. The implementation of this new Detailed Scheduling solution gives Vestel’s planners and key stakeholders the power to visualize, synchronize, and optimize their metal TV components production process – taking into account the material requirements of their product mix, complex setup rules, and line and mold constraints – and achieve increased efficiency and OTIF performance and reduced costs.”
Serdar Evlatoğlu, Vestel’s Production Planning Manager, commented: “ Vestel (like other major global electronics manufacturers) operates in a highly challenging, competitive, and consumer-driven business landscape, and our supply chain – which encompasses a large variety of products, components, resources, and constraints – is extremely complex. Working with ICRON over the past twenty years, we have been able to overcome these supply chain challenges and complexities and deliver for both our customers and shareholders.”
“ The implementation of this new Detailed Scheduling solution for metal TV components is yet another success story in our long and fruitful business relationship with ICRON,” Evlatoğlu added, “ Although the solution only went live recently, we have already started to see the business benefits. We are now able to automate and optimize our metal TV components production planning and integrate our production orders and customer orders in our ERP system. With ICRON, we can attain complete real-time visibility and control over our metal TV components production process, keep supply and demand in balance, and improve our capacity utilization, inventory management, customer satisfaction, and bottom-line results.”
Comprised of 24 companies, the Vestel Group is a multi-industry manufacturer, which operates in electronics, household appliances, mobile technologies, LED lighting and defence. Testimony to the global importance of Zorlu Holding across multiple technology sectors, Vestel is not only thriving at home in Turkey with its 12 companies, but also through a further 14 businesses that have been set up in various other parts of the world.
Originally founded in 1984, Vestel has grown from strength to strength, realizing its global potential after joining the Zorlu Group in 1994. Having rapidly accumulated market share, Vestel has attained global significance thanks to its flourishing export activity and enormous production capacity.
For more information please contact: email@example.com